Phase One release the first 100 megapixel medium format camera
100 megapixels full frame 645
ISO 50 - 12,800
16-bit colour depth
15 f-stops dynamic range
1 hour noise free exposures
Introducing the newest Blue Ring lenses
The 45mm f/3.5 and the 150mm f/2.8 IF are the latest additions to our
high-resolution lens range. With a range of lenses designed to resolve even
beyond the limits of current sensor technology, our new Schneider Kreuznach
blue-ring lenses are ready for the future.
Profoto Launches the Profoto A1
Adding to the range of Profoto AirTTL professional lighting is a new on and off-camera light with a built in Air Remote.
At a glance:
• Circular zoom-able head creates a beautiful natural looking light
• Built in Air Remote to integrate with other Profoto Air flash units
• The same AirTTL and HSS as the rest of the Profoto range
• Smart magnetic clip-on light shapers including gels
• Rechargeable and swappable battery; 350 full power flashes per charge
This month Profoto are releasing versions for Canon and Nikon, with Sony models to follow
Visit us in the showroom to test it out now, or call on 03 9091 2111 to pre-order!
Phase One Launch the IQ3 100MP Trichromatic Digital Back
Never content to rest on their laurels, Phase One continue to deliver the very best imaging tools ever made. With the new Trichromatic 100 megapixel digital back they have created a sensor designed to render colour better than ever. In collaboration with Sony this CMOS sensor has a unique design to ensure all three channels of coloured light are recorded as faithfully as possible. The goal of Phase One in developing this solution is to produce colour in the same way as the human eye. The level of attention to detail at Phase One is truly remarkable and this innovation proves again they lead the way in image quality.
To top it off the back also features a base ISO of just 35, for the lowest possible noise profile in medium format.
Learn more about the Trichromatic as well as the XF Camera Feature Update #4 in the video below, and contact us at Specular arrange a demo on 03 9091 2111
Phase One Releases XF Camera System Feature Update #4
The Fourth Evolution of the XF Camera System
Coming on the back of the recent HAP-2 upgrade for the Phase One XF (see our previous post below), this software update to the XF really highlights the camera platform’s ability to grow. The new firmware adds a bunch of great features, including some significant autofocus tools, but also remote shutter options and several other changes:
Auto Focus & Re-Compose mode
Using the 3D sensors already built into the XF Camera System this feature allows you to lock focus on a subject and recompose naturally. The camera will use a predictive algorithm to log and anticipate your movement adjusting the focus as you work. In our first tests with the feature we repeatedly nailed focus in challenging conditions, and with the audio feedback had real confidence that the system was delivering sharp images even at f/2.8. We didn’t think it was possible to love the XF system more! This feature currently works with a handful of lenses and will be progressively rolled out for the entire Blue Ring lens range.
Zoom to Focus
To compliment the new AF Re-Compose feature, the camera can also automatically zoom the preview on your digital back to the spot you were actually focussing on instead of just the centre point. This makes it a breeze to rapidly confirm focus after a shot.
Focus Trim Tool
Focus trimming lenses in the XF has been a great way to maximise the performance of the system, and we do it for many of our clients. Now Phase One are offering their own focus chart, and this significantly speeds up the process through automation and in camera walk-throughs built into this software update.
Set one of the camera dials to operate as a mechanical micro focus adjustment after autofocusing.
Automatic Focus Stack Calculation
Taking into account the pixel density of the digital back you use, the system will automatically calculate the optimum number of images it needs to build a completely sharp stacked image.
Vibration Analysis & Infinite Vibration Delay
These options push the seismograph capabilities of the camera to the next level of precision for really demanding capture requirements.
Capture Analysis Popup Control
Like other settings in the XF, you can now customise what feedback you see regarding exposure, vibration or flash output after an exposure.
Profoto Remote Camera Triggering
Use any Profoto Air Remote to fire the camera on an independent channel, while maintaining the camera’s existing ability to control and fire using it’s internal Profoto Air Remote wireless radio trigger.
External Shutter on IQ in electronic Shutter mode
The capability of the Electronic Shutter on IQ3 100 series backs (including the Achromatic and Trichromatic backs) allows you to fire the camera without a single moving part. Now you can do that without touching the camera either! Just plug a compatible external shutter release cable directly into the back.
HAP-2 Autofocus Upgrade for Phase One XF
Two years ago Phase One launched the XF Camera System with the promise that it would form a foundation for photographers for the long term. Since then, they have delivered update after update to the platform with some pretty amazing software releases. Now for the first time they are offering a hardware component upgrade, with a new version of the Honeybee Autofocus Platform; HAP-2.
The HAP-2 Autofocus system offers some serious bump in performance in our tests, and this is reflected in their technical data from Phase One showing a more than 2.5 stops more light sensitive in low light conditions, and 1 stop more dynamic range sensitivity in high key scenes. Locking focus in lower light and with lower contrast objects is really fantastic.
All current XF owners who are interested in upgrading should contact us at our Melbourne showroom on 03 9091 2111 for an upgrade quote. Cameras will be sent back to Phase One to complete the work and the hardware supply will be quite restricted at first as we expect demand to be very high!
NB. For any new XF camera purchased after 1 August 2017 HAP-2 will be standard, (if you’ve already taken delivery we will book in your upgrade at a convenient time for you).
CALL us on 03 9091 2111 to book your upgrade now.
New: Profoto B1x Battery Powered Monolight
Power in all the right places
Following from the game-changing Profoto B1, the new B1x increases the battery capacity, the power of the modelling light, and adds more stops of power range in the incredible High Speed Sync mode.
The Profoto B1X is the perfect portable light for location work, with an intuitive and easy to use interface that keeps out of you way and is fast to set up so you’re free to explore and create stunning images.
- AirTTL compatible to work with other AirTTL flashes either in manual or TTL mode
- Cordless design and wireless controls allows you to shoot without constraints
- 10 times as powerful as the average speed light, with 500Ws adjustable in 1/10 f-stop increments over a 9 f-stop range
- Quickly exchangeable and rechargeable Li-Ion battery provides up to 325 full-power flashes and tens of thousands at lowest power
- Fires up to 20 flashes per second, with flash durations of up to 1/19,000s and fast recycling times of 0.05-1.9s
- Control ambient light with HSS and create crisp images without motion blur at shutter speeds up to 1/8,000s
- Can be wirelessly controlled from up to a 300 m range with any optional Air Remote
Available from $3025 inc-GST
CALL us on 03 9091 2111 to order now.
Read more about the Profoto B1X here.
New: Capture One Pro 10 LogicKeyboard
Unlock a faster workflow to supercharge your editing
The LogicKeyboard with coloured keys for Capture One Pro 10 is designed to help speed up your workflow by detailing many of the shortcuts on the actual keyboard itself. Whether you use Capture One daily or occasionally. This keyboard, detailing these shortcuts, makes working with Capture One 10 even better again.
The new Capture One keyboard layout has been designed to maximise your productivity and aids in discovery of functions for new users.
- Supports Capture One Pro 10 (Mac only)
- Apple Pro Keyboard
- Original Apple ultrathin anodized aluminum enclosure
- Professional Key mapping layout
- Robust Pro-line full-color coded keys
- Capture One shortcut titles and icons on keys
Available for $275 inc. GST
CALL us on 03 9091 2111 to order your keyboard now.
Capture One Pro 10 Now Available
The fastest RAW editing platform for imaging professionals
Phase One have just launched Capture One Pro 10. This upgrade includes some substantial under-the-hood improvements to make Capture One even more responsive, and provides several new workflow capabilities for imaging professionals.
Capture One Pro 10 is the leading RAW editing platform, that gives you the ability to render precise colors and incredible detail with support for leading high‐end cameras. It contains flexible digital asset management, a growing list of adjustment tools and fast, responsive performance in one customisable and integrated solution.
Highlights at a glance: Capture One Pro 10
- Faster browsing, zooming, panning, and switching of images
- New default workspace for a more intuitive experience
- Three-stage image sharpening; lens, creative, and output sharpening
- Full on-screen proofing capabilities
- Integration with Tangent panel editing systems
- Camera focus tool for tethered cameras
Upgrade to Capture One Pro 10 Single User Licence: $145
Capture One Pro 10 Single User Licence: $470
CALL us on 03 9091 2111 to upgrade now.
The Profoto Pro10. Speed to Exceed.
Pro-10 2400 AirTTL. The world’s fastest flash.
The latest generation of studio packs have arrived at Specular and will set the standard for photography studios around Australia. The headline feature is absolutely the astonishing flash speed these packs can create for the most demanding shoots.
Our other favourite aspect of these packs are the new top screen design and ergonomics; it comes as a surprise how simple it is to operate the sophisticated features built in to the Pro-10.
- Available in 2400Ws with two outlets individually adjustable in 1/10 f-stop increments over an 11 f-stop power range.
- Bursts up to 50 flashes per second with flash durations up to 1/80,000 of a second.
- High-resolution display with a superior, intuitive interface with large dials.
- Fully integrated with all Profoto Air and AirTTL camera remotes.
High Speed Sync up to 1/8,000s.
- Shoot in TTL or manual mode.
- Firmware upgrades from profoto.com installs easily via built-in USB port.
- Compatible with 11 different flash heads and 120+ Light Shaping Tools from Profoto’s renowned light shaping system.
Phase One Releases XF Camera System Feature Update #3
The XF Camera System never sits idle.
Phase One have now added groundbreaking studio photography controls, flash integration and evaluation like never before. Professional workflow advantages are now available in the XF Camera System Feature Update #3, providing unparralelled productivity for photographers.
- Flash Analysis & Rear Curtain Trim
- Advanced Profoto Air & Profoto Air TTL integration
- Naming, loading, and saving of Custom Settings
- Customisation of top screen tools and icons
- Streamlined single camera package firmware updating
New Capabilities: IQ3 100 Electronic Shutter
An industry first for Medium Format, Phase One have also introduced the most technically advanced, versatile and dynamic feature yet, complete Electronic Shutter integration. Now, with the IQ3 100MP on either the XF Camera System or an alternative technical camera, you can capture images without a single moving component.
New Hardware: XF V-Grip
Providing advanced ergonomics and additional control options, the XF V-Grip ensures simplicity as well as dynamic improvements to handheld workflow applications. With an emphasis on design, the XF V-Grip incorporates an Arca-Swiss compatible mounting point and L-Bracket solution.
For more details on the XF System Update #3 check out the below video with Phase One VP of R&D Lau Nørgaard.
Introducing Profoto D2. The world’s fastest monolight
Freeze action at up to 1/63,000 of a second, shoot bursts of 20 images per second, use HSS to sync with camera shutter speeds as fast as 1/8,000 of a second, and shoot fast and easy with TTL. The D2 will redefine the definition of speed in monolights.
The D2 is the combination of the stability and robustness that Profoto is renowned for, with the industry leading technology that today’s working photographers demand.
Read more about the Profoto D2 here or contact us on 03 9091 2111 for more information and pricing.
Announcing the Ultimate Camera System – Phase One XF IQ3 100
World’s First 100MP CMOS Medium Format Digital Back
As if 2015 wasn’t big enough with the release of the new XF Camera platform and several new lenses, Specular is excited to announce the arrival of the new IQ3 100 Megapixel from Phase One.
Moving things even further along to help the world’s most demanding photographers really stand out, the IQ3 100MP represents the latest and greatest in imaging technology. it truly is the Ultimate Camera System.
Phase One IQ3 100MP Key Features:
- 100 megapixel full frame 645 sensor
- 16-bit colour depth
- 15 f-stops of dynamic range
- ISO 50-12,800
- 1 hour noise free exposures
- HDMI out for live view
- Electronic First Curtain Shutter
Watch below as VP of Phase One R&D, Lau Nørgaard introduces the IQ3 100MP.
Leaf Credo compatibility with the Phase One XF camera
The Phase One XF Camera System was designed to be an open platform, enabling the world leaders in photography access to amazing optics and superior creative tools. The XF camera now offers support and compatibility with the Mamiya Leaf Credo range of digital backs.
The XF Camera combined with a Leaf Credo back offers you control, performance, precision and reliability, allowing you to focus on your creativity. Extraordinary image capture becomes a natural practice through the systems ease of use and direct control.
Phase One XF camera is compatible with:
- Mamiya Leaf Credo 80
- Mamiya Leaf Credo 60
- Mamiya Leaf Credo 50
- Mamiya Leaf Credo 40
If you are a Credo owner you need Firmware version 2.02 for Credo 50, or Firmware version 4.01 for Credo CCD backs (40/60/80).
Contact us on 03 9091 2111 for more information and pricing.
Phase One XF Camera new features announced in Update 1
October 20th 2015 – Phase One have released a new firmware update for the XF camera. One of the key features of the XF camera is that new features can be added simply through the process of a quick firmware update.
The XF Feature update 1 delivers the latest XF camera system functionality, including:
– Focus confirmation with the waist level finder shown on the XF top screen
– Seismographic monitoring in low vibration mode: capture is delayed until zero vibration is recorded within the set maximum delay.
– BullsEye leveling tool on the XF top screen. This provides easy levelling of the camera in horizontal position.
– Histogram on XF top screen.
– New setup and calibration of the Hyperfocal-point.
– XF live view focus step from Capture One.
– IQ language localization of the user interface for international markets
– IQ input of copyright information for RAW file metadata
– General stability and bug fixing
The firmware of the XF camera system implements the core functionality of the XF camera system. The firmware keeps the XF camera system moving forward by implementing new and clever requests from the market, and it sees to utilizing the camera system hardware with the latest advances to deliver stability and performance.
Phase One new Blue Ring Series Lenses
Phase One announce 3 new lenses in the Schneider Kreuznach “Blue Ring Series”, 55mm LS f/2.8, 80mm LS f/2.8 and 150mm LS f/3.5. These lenses join the 35mm LS f3.5 and 120mm LS f/4.0 Macro lenses and are also ready for 100 megapixels and beyond.
These Leaf Shutter lenses are designed together with world-renowned optics manufacturer, Schneider Kreuznach of Germany. Building on decades of experience in high-resolution optics the Leaf Shutter lenses delivers some of the sharpest lenses in the world, built for today’s systems as well as the future. With an integrated Leaf Shutter, the range of Schneider Kreuznach lenses delivers industry leading flash synchronization speed of up to 1/1600th of a second.
The Future of Digital Medium Format has Arrived – Phase One XF
The new standard in Digital Medium Format has arrived with the Phase One XF Camera System. Phase One have completely re-engineered the key elements of a camera system to produce the fastest, most robust and most stable digital medium format camera ever. Featuring aero grade mechanicals, cutting edge electronics and an all-new autofocus system, the XF represents over two decades of digital imaging expertise and Phase One’s relentless push for image quality.
Highlights of the XF Camera System include:
- New Autofocus Platform – The Honeybee Autofocus Platform (HAP-1) is a fully in-house developed autofocus system which features a high-resolution CMOS AF sensor and unique floating-point architecture which is set to redefine digital medium format AF.
- OneTouch User Interface – OneTouch UI is inspired by clean, functional Scandinavian design and provides a seamless, fully customisable interface which allows the photographer to personalise their camera for any shooting situation. OneTouch is controlled through the beautiful, tactile dials, buttons and touch sensitive screens on the Phase One XF.
- New IQ3 Digital Backs – The IQ3 range from Phase One feature high bandwidth interfaces allowing for seamless use of the various OneTouch UI features. The IQ3 range includes the world’s first 80MP sensor capable of 60 minute exposures. The IQ3 80MP Digital Back is joined by the IQ3 60MP and IQ3 50MP models and build on the foundation set out in the IQ2 range.
- New Leaf Shutter Lenses – Phase One and Schneider-Kreuznach have developed two new leaf shutter lenses in a 35mm and 120mm focal length. Both lenses are designed to resolve at beyond 100MP ensuring that they not only get the most out of today’s sensors but that they will perform well into the future.
- New Modular Viewfinders – A solid glass prism is the brightest in its class and comes as standard on the new XF Camera System. An all-new waist-level viewfinder is also available, rekindling one of the classic photographic perspectives. Thanks to the HAP-1 autofocus system the waist-level finder is also able to perform light metering.
For more information, or pricing, contact us : Specular 03 9091 2111 or click here to email us
Medium format digital … taken to a new level
Credo 50 at the new home of Mamiya Leaf in Australia
The Credo 50 sports the Sony 50 megapixel CMOS chip, it’s 14-bit image quality along with 14 f-stop dynamic range and the famous Mamiya Leaf colour management, make this is a camera one that has very wide appeal.
The combination of the Credo 50 with the Schneider range of leaf shutter lenses and the Mamiya digital services focal shutter lenses, that’s on option of 17 digital lenses to choose from.
Here’s some of the new features of the Creo 50 digital back :
- 50 megapixel CMOS chip (44x33mm) with ISO 100 – 6400
- Video like Live View
- 14 f-stops dynamic range
- Long Exposure up to 60 minutes
Portable, powerful, cordless lighting… with TTL
Profoto B2 250 AirTTL
Profoto has released an entire new system of compact off-camera flash (OCF) and Light Shaping Tools, designed for fast and easy on-location photography.
The Profoto B2 250 AirTTL is revolution of functionality and portability for photographers. Shoot with TTL and High Speed Sync up to 1/8000 second.
Connect one or two flash heads. Use the B2 alone or sync it with one or several other Profoto Off-Camera Flashes. Shoot with a bare head, or choose from the widest assortment of Light Shaping Tools available and shape the B2’s already beautiful light into any light you can imagine.
Here’s some of the new features of the Profoto B2 AirTTL :
- With TTL and HSS (High Speed Sync).
- 2 fully asymmetrical outlets.
- Lightweight and compact flash heads with powerful LED modeling light
- Exchangeable high capacity Lithium-Ion battery.
- Power range over 9 f-stops (1-250 Ws) adjustable in 1/10th f-stop increments
- Fast recycling of 0.03-1.35 seconds.
- Built-in AirTTL fully supports wireless operation up to 300m.
Profoto B2 units have arrived. Call now for a demo or to hire! Contact us : Specular 03 9091 2111 or click here to send an email.