- Keeps tether cables connected and secured to camera
- Protects expensive camera ports from damage
- Constructed from precision milled T5 aerospace aluminum alloy
- Lightweight and extremely durable
- Multiple routing channels accept thick, medium or thin cables
- Rubber non-slip pads keep the TetherBlock from moving once attached to the camera
- Additional 1/4-20″ female threads allow mounting non Arca-compatible tripod plates
Camera data ports are fragile and expensive to repair. When shooting tethered in studio or on location, a trip or tug can cause your tether cable to become dislodged or cause serious damage to your camera’s data ports. The TetherBlock is a must-have for photographers shooting tethered both handheld or using a tripod.The TetherBlock is designed to prevent accidental removal of a cable from your camera’s data ports by snaking a USB, FireWire, or HDMI cable through one of TetherBlock’s three channels. A 1/4″-20 slotted screw attaches the plate to the camera, and can be tightened with a screwdriver or coin.
From there, either shoot handheld or attach the TetherBlock to your camera’s tripod mount and you’ll be able to shoot tethered to a computer without fear of your tethered cable becoming unplugged.
Easy to mount, the TetherBlock has a 1/4″-20 male thread to attach directly to the bottom of your camera.
The bottom of the TetherBlock features both a 1/4″-20 and a 3/8″ female tripod thread, allowing it to be mounted directly onto a tripod plate or head. If you are mating it with your tripod plate, you will be able to center your plate on the TetherBlock giving you a secure connection.