Capture One Pro – Extensive 5 week class (2 hours a week)
A thorough and systematic training program designed for photographers and digital operators to become proficient using Capture One Pro. The 2 hour a week format is designed to maximise the effectiveness of the training to ensure retention of the information presented. Each week the goal will be to present information, have the participants practice during the week, and the following week review material and ask questions.
Who should attend: Digital Operators, Photographers (Phase One, Leaf, Canon, Nikon & other DSLR owners), and Retouchers
Presented by: Rory Shinners
When: Commencing 7th of February 2017
Format: Tuesday evenings from 6.30pm for approx 2 hours per week for 5 weeks
Location: Specular Showroom
Suite 104, 134 Cambridge Street, Collingwood, VIC
Cost: The cost of the course is $450 inc GST
The course is strictly limited to 15 places, and registrations are essential.
Please download the registration form and email the completed form to [email protected] as soon as possible to ensure to secure a spot.
We will be providing an in-depth look at workflows within Capture One Pro.
- Conceptual overview of colour management and ICC colour profiles
- Understanding Capture One registration and licensing
- Detailed tutorial of Capture One Pro interface and tools
- A step by step of various workflows: shooting tethered and to card (with Phase One, Leaf, Canon, Nikon, Sony etc)
- Setting up a style (look and feel using Capture One) for the shoot
- Customising Capture One to suit your requirements
- Colour Editor tool to create unique ‘looks’ that can be applied to all of the images with a few clicks to achieve unmatched consistency.
- Learn techniques for achieving the highest quality results from RAW camera files to finished print ready results whilst minimising the need for retouching
- Methods for dealing with large quantities of images quickly and effectively
- Useful tips and tricks
The aim is to take images as far as possible within Capture One Pro, and to minimise the need for retouching in Photoshop. More details are below.
- Capture One versions and software activation
- Basic workflow input to output introduction
- Capture One interface overview (tool palettes, toolbars & inspector tools, cursor tools, thumbnails, previews, preferences, viewing modes)
- Organising and accessing files
- Shooting tethered and getting image off camera cards
- Colour & exposure
- ICC profiles within Capture One Pro
- Colour theory for digital photography
- Conor editor
- White balance
- Soft proofing
- Specialist black & white
- Adjustments and working with multiple images
- Adjustment layers
- Cropping, rotating, keystone correction
- Lens cast calibration
- Overlay tool
- Sharpening – theory, implications and practice
- Noise reduction
- Spot & dust removal
- Skin tone
- Adjustment layers – advanced
- Workflow and putting it all into practice
- Metadata & keywords
- Detailed look at outputting files including scaling & watermarking
- Creating web contact sheets