Achieve true-to-life image colour reproduction
The ColorChecker Classic target is designed to deliver true-to-life colour reproduction so photographers can predict and control how color will look under any illumination. It is ideal for both digital and film photography for both professional and hobbyist photographers.
The ColorChecker Classic target includes a patented array of 24 scientifically prepared natural, chromatic, primary and grayscale squares. Many of the squares represent natural objects, such as human skin, foliage and blue sky. Since they exemplify the colour of their counterparts and reflect light the same way in all parts of the visible spectrum, the squares will match the colours of representative samples of natural objects under any illumination, and with any colour reproduction process. Each solid patch is formulated individually to produce a pure, flat, rich colour.
• Avoid costly mistakes that require trial-and-error colour adjustments during editing or colour grading.
• Include ColorChecker Classic in your photo capture and then later, while editing, use it to compare, measure and analyze differences in colour reproduction in any colour rendition system.
• Quickly and easily create custom camera profiles with X-Rite Camera Calibration software in Raw workflows for greater flexibility in colour-adjusting images.
• ColorChecker Classic is made up of natural colours derived from skin tones, sky and flowers, as well as Colour Gamut colors that test the range of saturation, primary colours RGBCMY for the print production process, and a gray scale.
• Filmmakers will more quickly achieve ideal colour balance when grading, however, will get the best possible colour using ColorChecker Video or ColorChecker Passport Video targets.
Photograph the ColorChecker Classic target in the same lighting as your images and use it as a visual reference to help with colour correction. In addition to X-Rite’s Camera Calibration software, the ColorChecker Classic target is supported by a variety of third-party software solutions, including Black Magic DaVinci Resolve and Hasselblad Phocus.