Training is an important part of our philosophy.
Details of the training modules are below.
Our Mailing List is a great way to stay in touch, we highly recommend you register so you dont miss out on any future events. Click here to sign up for our email communications.
Phase One Certified Professional (POCP)
The training program is designed to give working digital techs the training and skills they need to confidently work with the Phase One camera system and Capture One software on the most demanding of jobs.
The POCP training program is an advanced seminar designed for working professionals taught by Phase One Technical Support staff, all of which have years of experience on-set. This is a once a year event as we fly out guys from Phase One to conduct the event. You will learn heaps, get plenty of hands on and meet some great people.
The POCP training takes place over a two day period encompassing everything from efficient on-set workflow to troubleshooting to advanced software techniques. At the end of two days it culminates with a written test.
POCP Training details:
Who should attend: Photographers, Digital Operators / Digital Technicians.
When: Thursday 14 September & Friday 15 September, 9am-5pm
Where: Rokeby Studios
1/90-94 Rokeby Street, Collingwood VIC 3066
Price: $693 (inc GST)
Lunch and refreshments provided both days.
Registrations are essential, please download the registration form here.
More details on POCP
A mixture of lecture and hands-on
Training seminars will include a mixture of lecture and hands-on practice. You will have the opportunity to use the Phase One IQ series camera systems featuring the NEW Phase One XF camera with Schneider LS lenses. Below topics will be covered in great depth:
Phase One digital backs, camera bodies and lenses:
- Technology inside the Phase One IQ series digital backs
- Phase One XF camera camera system and lenses
- Recommended usage and capabilities
Third party cameras:
Usage with Phase One digital backs, troubleshooting, and Canon/Nikon tethering
Recommended setups, troubleshooting and maintenance
Capture One RAW conversion software:
Efficient workflow in Capture One Pro 9, advanced tools, and troubleshooting
The certification process consists of three steps:
- Qualification of pre-course materials
- Attending the official POCP training course (2 days)
- Passing the certification exam (written test) at the end of the last day
Registration for the Phase One Certification Professional (POCP) training program includes access to the Pre-course and all materials at training. You will be provided with a Pre-Course account and access link upon registration for the POCP training program.
Capture One Pro – Extensive 5 week class (2 hours a week)
A thorough and systematic training program designed for photographers and digital operators to become proficient using Capture One Pro. The 2 hour a week format is designed to maximise the effectiveness of the training to ensure retention of the information presented. Each week the goal will be to present information, have the participants practice during the week, and the following week review and ask questions.
Who should attend: Digital Operators, Photographers (Phase One, Leaf, Canon, Nikon & other DSLR owners), Digital Processors & Retouchers.
When: Commencing 7th of February 2017.
Format: Tuesday evenings from 6.30pm for approx 2 hours per week for 5 weeks
What will be covered?
Capture One Pro – Workflow Overview
We will be providing an in-depth look at workflows within Capture One Pro. Key areas covered will include :
- Conceptual overview of colour management and ICC colour profiles
- Understanding Capture One registration and licensing
- Detailed tutorial of Capture One Pro interface and tools
- A step by step of various Workflows: Shooting tethered and to card (with Phase One, Leaf, Canon & Nikon)
- Setting up a style (look and feel using Capture One) for the shoot
- Customising Capture One to suit your requirements
- Colour Editor tool to create unique ‘looks’ that can be applied to all of the images with a few clicks to achieve unmatched consistency.
- Learn techniques for achieving the highest quality results from RAW camera files to finished print ready results whilst minimising the need for retouching
- Methods for dealing with large quantities of images quickly and effectively
- Useful tips and tricks
The aim in this module is to take images as far as possible within Capture One Pro, and to minimise the need for retouching in Photoshop. More details are below.
Presented by: These sessions will be presented by Rory Shinners.
Training will occur on the Macintosh platform. Basic knowledge of Mac OS X, images and photography knowledge required.
N.B. Approx 98% of Capture One Pro is the same on a Windows platform as it is on Mac OS X, so Windows users are welcome too.
The cost for the 5 sessions will be $450 inc GST
How to register
Additional Course Details
- Capture One versions and software activation
- Basic Workflow input to output introduction
- Capture One Interface Overview (Tool Palettes, Toolbars & Inspector Tools, Cursor Tools, Thumbnails, Previews, Preferences, Viewing modes)
- Organising and accessing files
- Shooting Tethered and getting image off camera cards
- Colour & Exposure
- ICC Profiles within Capture One Pro
- Colour Theory for Digital Photography
- Color Editor
- White Balance
- Soft Proofing
- Specialist Black & White
- Adjustments and working with multiple images
- Adjustment Layers
- Cropping, rotating, Keystone correction
- Lens Cast Calibration
- Overlay Tool
- Sharpening – theory, implications and practice
- Noise reduction
- Spot & Dust Removal
- Skin tone
- Adjustment layers – advanced
- Workflow and putting it all into practice
- Metadata & Keywords
- Detailed look at Outputting files including scaling & watermarking
- Creating Web Contact Sheets
Registrations are essential. Please Register your interest by email.