Profoto D2 Monolight
The Profoto D2 monolights are the most feature packed monolights ever produced. Profoto has designed the D2 with :
- TTL (using the AirTTL remote – Canon or Nikon)
- High Speed Sync (up to 1/8000th sec)
- Action freezing Flash durations of up to 1/63,000 sec
- Bursts of up to 20 flashes per second
With the Profoto D2, you’re always up to speed. Whether you’re shooting portrait, food, fashion or sport, with a flash duration of up to 1/63,000 of a second you’ll get a great shot every time. This is high-end light shaping excellence in a superfast and versatile package for photographers who demand only the very best.
The D2 can be fully integrated together with AirTTL flashes like the Profoto B1 and B2. You can shoot with all flashes in TTL or manual mode or combine them as you wish. For example set the D2 in manual for the background and use the B1 or B2 in TTL as the main flash. HSS (High Speed Sync) is available in both manual and TTL modes.
Profoto D2 features:
- Available in 500 and 1000Ws adjustable in 1/10 f-stop increments over a 10 f-stoppower range to give you both power and precise control.
- Bursts up to 20 flashes per second with flash durations up to 1/63,000 of a second.
- High Speed Sync up to 1/8,000s.
- Shoot in TTL or manual mode.
- Fully integrated with other AirTTL flashes like B1 and B2.
- Built-in reflector for maximum output and minimizing of straylight.
- High-resolution display with a superior, intuitive interface.
- Optional Quartz flashtube for high volume packshot available.
- Compatible with 120+ Light Shaping Tools from Profoto’s renowned light shaping system.
6 reasons to choose the Profoto D2
Freeze the moment
The D2 can provide super quick flash durations up to 1/63,000 of a second. Shoot a splash of water and it will be frozen in mid-air – a photographic work of art.
Catch the moment
The D2 can shoot up to 20 flashes per second. That’s fast enough to catch the best of any moment. Ask your subject to jump and you’ll have 20 mid-air exposures to choose from.
Control your surroundings
Profoto High-Speed Sync (HSS) enables you to shoot with shutter speeds up to 1/8,000 of a second. Use HSS to shoot with large aperture in bright conditions or to freeze action with absolute sharpness.
Shoot with ease using TTL
Point-and-shoot in TTL Mode. Switch to Manual Mode and control the light with intuitive buttons and menus. Forget about the flash and focus on the light.
Overpower any light
The D2 packs enough of punch to overpower the available light in almost any situation. Its power is also a blessing when shooting at larger distances or when using larger Light Shaping Tools.
Grow with speed
It has the speed to set you free, and the power for you to be at your best. It’s an integrated part of the extensive Profoto system. Go full speed ahead with the D2.
Profoto D2 Kit options
The Profoto D2 are available in the following kits:
Profoto D2 AirTTL include :
1 x Profoto D2 AirTTL 500W or 1000W monolight, power cable, XS carry bag.
- 901012 Profoto D2 500 AirTTL monolight
- 901013 Profoto D2 1000 AirTTL monolight
Profoto D2 Duo Kits include : 2 x Profoto D2 monolights, power cables, Bag S carry bag with shoulder strap.
- 901016 Profoto D2 AirTTL Duo Kit 500/500
- 901017 Profoto D2 AirTTL Duo Kit 1000/1000
Profoto Air Remote options :
- 901039 Profoto Air Remote TTL-C for Canon
- 901040 Profoto Air Remote TTL-N for Nikon
- 901031 Profoto Air Remote for most DSLR and medium format cameras