Leaf APTUS-II Digital Camera Backs
The Leaf Aptus-II series of digital backs offers professional photographers the speed, image quality and flexibility to push their work beyond expectations.
The Leaf Aptus-II series includes a top of the line offering with the full-frame 53.7 x 40.3 mm 80 MP sensor. Capture what was previously impossible, with a revolutionary, large digital sensor.
The Aptus II digital backs are available in a range of camera mounts including 645AFD, 645DF+/645DF, Hasselblad V, Hasselblad H and Contax 645. Certain models were also available with the Leaf AFi camera when it was available.
Capture speeds as fast as 0.8 seconds per frame, for the freedom and flexibility to realise your creative vision.
- Fastest image transfer speed, using the latest FireWire 800 technologies
- Fastest Read/Write speeds taking advantage of the newest CompactFlash (CF) card technology
Uncompromising image quality
Film-like quality that is superior to any capture device available in the industry, regardless of resolution.
- Unique colour filters ensure consistent and accurate colour reproduction
- Large, specially designed sensor with unsurpassed 12 f–stop dynamic range provides unmatched detail, richness and colour, low noise, and striking highlights
- Broad ISO: from 50 to 800
Flexibility: Shoot your best in any situation
Take advantage of a range of features that enable you to shoot anywhere. A new brighter and higher contrast LCD touch screen, for checking your shots under all kinds of challenging lighting conditions, both indoors and out.
- Maximum portability with a range of storage options: CF card, FireWire disk, computer hard disk
- Compatible with medium- and large-format cameras: use wide-angle lenses and shift & tilt movements Download Camera Compatibility Guide (PDF 150KB)
- Compatible with Capture One 5.1 Pro, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, and Apple Aperture as well as other leading software applications for processing Leaf uncompressed RAW files
Complete control: Functionality and portability
A wide range of functions are available directly on the camera back, including:
- Create and name alternate directories for file storage
- Annotate individual files with text entered using an on-screen keyboard
- Image-viewing options: by list, by a range of thumbnail sizes
- Multiple selection of images: perform actions on the entire selection
- Portable file-management option: name images/folders and predefine settings per shoot View histogram representation
Enhanced productivity: Faster shoot-to-delivery
Adjust and control images while you shoot, using the intuitive display to manipulate RAW images in a range of thumbnail sizes.
- The image automatically orients itself to the camera’s rotation
- The handy loupe tool provides immediate access to focus control during the shoot
- You, your client or an art director can use the Leaf Capture Remote app to preview shots during the shoot on an Apple iPhone or iPod Touch
- Use the lossless 16-bit file compression to speed up file handling without loss of image quality
The Leaf APTUS-II models
Below is a quick summary of the different Leaf Aptus II models. Contact Specular to talk about your specific requirements and let us help you chose the most appropriate model.
Leaf Aptus-II 10 56 MP
The Leaf Aptus-II 10 lets you capture what was previously impossible, with a revolutionary, digital sensor that offers True Wide Frame shooting. This 56mm x 36mm sensor offers a higher resolution (56MP) and allows for fullwidth imaging.
The Leaf Aptus-II 10 has a 56 MP sensor, with 6.0-micron pixel size. The Leaf Aptus-II 10 captures at 1.0 seconds per frame, with a CCD size of 9288 x 6000 pixels. Download PDF (leaf_aptus2_datasheet.pdf)
Leaf Aptus-II 8 40 MP
The Leaf Aptus-II 8 is the fastest back, with a capture rate under 0.8 secs/frame, and a sustainable burst of 60 full res images per minute. This 44mm x 33mm sensor offers a 40 MP resolution, with 6.0-micron pixel size. The Leaf Aptus-II 8 captures at 0.8 seconds per frame, with a CCD size of 7360 x 5562 pixels. Download PDF(leaf_aptus2_datasheet.pdf)
Leaf Aptus-II 7 33 MP
The Leaf Aptus-II 7 captures in film-like quality that rivals any capture device available in the industry. This 48mm x 36mm sensor offers 33 MP resolution sensor, with 7.2-micron pixel size. The Leaf Aptus-II 7 captures at 1.1 seconds per frame, with a CCD size of 6726 x 5040 pixels. Download PDF(leaf_aptus2_datasheet.pdf)
Leaf Aptus-II 6 28 MP
The Leaf Aptus-II 6 lets you take advantage of a range of features on the bright and high contrast LCD touch screen, letting you shoot anywhere. This 44mm x 33mm sensor offers a 28 MP resolution sensor, with 7.2-micron pixel size. The Leaf Aptus-II 6 captures at 1.0 seconds per frame, with a CCD size of 6144 x 4622 pixels. Download PDF(leaf_aptus2_datasheet.pdf)
Leaf Aptus-II 5 22 MP
The Leaf Aptus-II 5 is one of the fastest backs available, and the most affordable Leaf camera back. This 48mm x 36mm sensor offers a 22 MP resolution sensor, with 7.2-micron pixel size. The Leaf Aptus-II 5 captures at 0.9 seconds per frame, with a CCD size of 5356 x 4056 pixels. Download PDF (300KB)