Phase One 645DF+
The Phase One 645DF+ builds on the success of previous generations of the camera and has undergone a complete overhaul of all moving parts to produce a camera with the highest uptime in the market of high-end photography.
The Phase One 645DF+ Camera System is designed to be a seamless extension of your creativity. Extraordinary capture becomes natural. Photographer, subject, hardware and software blend into one. The intuitive control of workflow delivers unlimited creative freedom.
The 645DF+ and 645DF cameras are the only 645 medium format cameras which supports both focal plane and leaf shutters, expanding photographers’ innovative possibilities by leveraging the two shutter technologies seamlessly for world class photography, whether this involves ultra-fast flash sync speeds or extremely flexible exposure times.
The 645DF+ camera introduces many performance improvements over its predecessor. An enhanced auto-focus delivers accurately focused images fast, even when shooting in low light or low contrast. The 645DF+ also offers a breakthrough workflow improvement — custom-shooting modes. For the first time in a medium-format camera, photographers can “dial up” a pre-defined mode, where the camera is instantly set up for a given shooting scenario, e.g. product, portrait or landscape photography.
Also implemented is an all-new custom adjustment feature photographers can fine-tune the alignment of digital backs to the camera. With this photographers can easily match their focus preference.
The Phase One 645DF+ Camera System easily matches integrated camera system while still being completely modular. It is highly responsive and features almost instant captures. It includes fast autofocus mode, particularly useful for instant captures at higher apertures. The camera will continue the same capture rate until the storage media (CF card or hard drive) is full or unable to keep up.
Shutter speed from 1/4000s to 60 minutes, B and X modes can match the extreme long exposure capability of the P+ digital backs or stop action with fast shutter speed or flash.
The mirror and viewfinder of the Phase One 645DF+ camera are almost three times larger than those of 35mm cameras, providing much greater control of focus and composition.
While hosting a complete list of features and custom functions, the Phase One 645DF+ camera is extremely easy to use. All settings important to the exposure are easily controlled by manual dials and soft buttons.
Freedom to choose the best back for you.
645DF+ new features
- Fast and accurate autofocus especially in low contrast environments
- Custom focus fine-tuning adjustment
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery with up to 10,000 captures on one charge
- Rugged construction for high volume production use
- Open platform for maximum choice and compatibility
- Durable, proven platform for secure operation
- Ergonomic handling and ease of use
- Use Phase One digital lenses, Mamiya AF/AFD lenses or Hasselblad V lenses
- Exposures from 1/4000s to 60 minutes
- Flash synchronisation up to 1/1600 sec.
- Phase One Digital focal plane lenses
- Schneider Kreuznach leaf shutter lenses
- Mamiya 645 AFD lenses
- Compatible with Hasselblad V and Pentacon 6 (via multimount adaptor)
Lenses compatible with the 645DF+ / 645DF
One of the unique features of the 645DF+ camera is that is can take a wide range of lenses in either focal plane shutter or leaf shutter configurations.
Focal plane shutter lenses don’t have a shutter in them, they use the blind in the camera body to facilitate shutter speed. This means that we can get shutter speeds to to 1/4000 sec. Because there is no shutter in the lens, the cost of each lens is less than that of a leaf shutter lens.
Leaf shutter lenses have the shutter in the lens. This allows for faster flash sync (up to 1/1600 sec) when using flash lighting.
The 645DF+ camera can automatically switch between focal plane mode and leaf shutter mode.
- Schneider Kreuznach 28mm f4.5 LS
- Schneider Kreuznach 55mm f2.8 LS
- Schneider Kreuznach 80mm f2.8 LS
- Schneider Kreuznach 110mm f2.8 LS
- Schneider Kreuznach 150mm f3.5 LS
- Schneider Kreuznach 75-150mm f4-5.6 LS
- Schneider Kreuznach 40-80mm f4-5.6 LS
- Schneider Kreuznach 240mm f4.5 LS
- Phase One 28mm f4.5 D
- Phase One 35mm f3.5 D
- Phase One 45mm f2.8 D
- Phase One 80mm f2.8 D
- Phase One MF 120mm Macro f4.0 D
- Phase One AF 120mm Macro f4.0 D
- Phase One 150mm f2.8 D
- Phase One 75-150mm f4.5 D
- Mamiya Sekor AF 28mm Sekor f4.5 D Aspherical
- Mamiya AF 35mm f3.5 D
- Mamiya AF 35mm f3.5
- Mamiya AF 45mm f2.8
- Mamiya Sekor AF 45mm f2.8 D
- Mamiya AF 55mm f2.8
- Mamiya Sekor AF 80mm f2.8 D
- Mamiya AF 80mm f2.8
- Mamiya Sekor MF 120mm Macro f4.0 D
- Mamiya Sekor MF 120mm Macro f4.0
- Mamiya AF 150mm f3.5
- Mamiya Sekor AF 150mm f2.8 D
- Mamiya AF ULD 210mm f4 IF
- Mamiya AF APO 300mm f4.5 IF
- Mamiya AF 55-110mm f4.5
- Mamiya Sekor Zoom AF 75-150mm f4.5 D
- Mamiya AF 105-210mm f4.5 ULD
- Mamiya 645 Lenses that require manual stop down
- Mamiya manual format lenses including 50mm shift lens and 80mm f1.9 portrait lens
- Hasselblad V (500) series lenses with purchase of adapter
- Hasselblad 200 series lenses (including the infamous 110mm f2) with purchase of adapter
- Hartblei Super-Rotator 45mm tilt-shift lens
- Pentacon 6 series lenses with purchase of adapter
Some questions often asked about Phase One products
Does the new 645DF body offers faster flash sync speeds? Will it use lenses with leaf shutters?
Phase One has partnered with Schneider to provide a line of extremely high quality leaf shutter lenses. The lenses in this range are currently 28mm f4.5, 55mm f2.8, 80mm f2.8, and 110mm f2.8, 150mm f3.5, 240mm f4.5, 40-80mm f4.0-5.6mm and 75-150mm f4-5.6. Over time this lens line will be expanded. the flash sync on these lenses is up to 1/1000 second or 1/1600 second depending on the focal length.
Is the Phase One DF Camera an Open Platform?
Absolutely! Phase One believes that creativity is nurtured by freedom. The Phase One 645 is an open platform system maximizing choice. Besides the Phase One / Schneider Leaf Shutter Lenses all Phase One and Mamiya 645 Digital, AFD, and MF lenses are supported. Additional choices include Hasselblad V-series lenses with more multi-mount options being developed for future release. In the spirit of openness the Phase One 645DF+/645DF Camera is compatible with any digital back using the Mamiya 645 AF body mount. No restrictions!
What digital backs can go on the Phase One 645DF+/645DF?
Any digital back that has a Mamiya 645 mount. These include Phase One, Leaf and Sinar. The most popular include the Phase One IQ1 & IQ2 series, Phase One P+ series, Mamiya Leaf Credo series as well as the Leaf Aptus & Aptus II series.
Download the manual
Phase One 645DF manual PDF (23MB)