The Phase One iXA-R aerial camera system is an integrated medium format camera system with three lenses — 40 mm, 50 mm and 70 mm.
The iXA-R cameras share many of the same features as the successful iXA aerial cameras, including; focal plane and central leaf shutters, optional Forward Motion Compensation, scalability to form multi-camera arrays as well as easy integration with popular flight management systems and GPS/IMU receivers.
The iXA-R cameras expand the iXA lens range by adding three new dedicated lenses, which are individually inspected and factory calibrated for infinity focus
Contact us now for more information.
The Phase One iXA-R camera, built as an integrated system, offers high dynamic range and detailed image quality that only high resolution, medium format systems can produce. The iXA-R, combined with the Rodenstock lenses, with internal electronically controlled leaf shutters guarantees the image quality expected from a dedicated aerial photography camera.
- FMC option to compensate for image blurring
- Ultimate image sharpness
- Dynamic range of 12.5 f-stops (>72 db)
- Excellent color and detail
- Lenses easily changed in the field
- Lenses pre-calibrated to infinity focus
Tailor-Made for Aerial Photography
The Phase One iXA-R aerial camera system is easily integrated into existing systems, both onboard the aircraft and in post production. Simply plug it into the aircraft’s power bus or any other 12-30 V D source for a reliable source of power.
- Camera facilitates bi-directional communication with the flight management system (FMS) and an onboard computer.
- Phase One SDK on the host computer enables setting up the camera, camera status, indication of the remote capture and storage of the images.
- Modular system, the iXA is a natural choice for integration into large or small configurations.
- Available as 80 megapixel or 60 megapixel version.
- Camera systems are available with RGB or NIR sensor modules.
- 50 mm lens suited for capturing images alongside a LiDAR.
- Focal plane shutter speeds up to 1/4000 second or leaf shutter speeds up to
- Multiple software solutions.
The enhanced lenses are designed and built by German lens manufacturer, Rodenstock. Each lens/shutter combination is adapted for aerial photography and offers low distortion, high MTF and excellent contrast. Every lens is individually inspected, calibrated for infinity focus and tested to ensure edge to edge sharpness across the sensor. The lenses, which are easily changed in the field, are outfitted with new, electronically controlled, central leaf shutters, guaranteeing the highest image quality for aerial photography applications. The three focal lengths, 40 mm, 50 mm and 70 mm cover most uses and are suitable for creating DTMs and DSMs for mapping as well as Orthophotos. The 50 mm lens, with its opening angle of 56.4Âº, is especially suited for capturing images alongside a LiDAR.
Rugged and built to last
The Phase One iXA-R is a rugged, dedicated aerial camera system, not assembled from
off-the-shelf parts and is especially built to withstand the tough demands and abuse of airborne systems. Its light weight and small size make it perfectly suited for UAV use.
- Constructed of 6061 aluminum alloy
- Workhorse built with fewer moving parts to reduce unnecessary wear
- Removable parts securely connected to prevent movement or vibration
- Self-locking LEMO connectors
- Mirror-free system
- Camera is bolted to the pod with four M4 screws
- Compact, small footprint